Are you a mom in Pittsburgh looking for birthing and breastfeeding support? From birth doulas to breastfeeding circles, if you are a mom in Pittsburgh, these resources will be helpful to you.
- The mission of the Pittsburgh Black Breastfeeding Circle (PBBC), is to protect, promote and support breastfeeding as the cultural norm and optimal feeding method for mothers and babies of African Descent in Pittsburgh and surrounding areas. Click here for more info.
- Genesis of Pittsburgh – The Learning Center at genesis: expectant parents and parents with a child under the age of one can attend free classes to learn about pregnancy, childbirth, and parenting in a supportive environment. Click here for more info.
- Breastfeeding Center of Pittsburgh offers prenatal and breastfeeding classes. Click here for more info.
- Midwife Center promotes wellness by providing exceptional, client-centered primary gynecological, pregnancy and birthing care in southwestern Pennsylvania’s only independent birth center. Click here for more info.
You mean so much and I’m so thankful that you’re in my life and I appreciate your love and all your sacrifice – Ashanti- Mother – Inspiration for Single Moms in Pittsburgh
- Birth Doula’s of Pittsburgh has a network of trained and experienced doulas knowledgeable in newborn care, postpartum recovery, breast, chest and bottle feeding, family support and most importantly – care for the birthing person. Click here for more info.
- Healthy Start Center for Urban Breastfeeding (HSCUB) is pleased to provide lactation support, education, advocacy and outreach to black women in Allegheny County. Click here for more info.
- Sankofa Childbirth Education and Lactation Services offers classes and helps guide parents through the sacred experiences of childbirth and breastfeeding. Click here for more info.
- MAYA Organization provides mentors, doulas & assistance for Pittsburgh parents. Click here for more info.
- Click here for Iyanna B. Doula Services The Birthing Hut Podcast
- Breastfeeding helpline Call 412-687-2243 If you have questions or concerns about breastfeeding your baby, the Health Department will put you in contact with a specialist.
- Join the Facebook group Black Exclusively Pumping Mamas here.
- Mid Atlantic Mothers Milk Bank provides donor human milk from carefully screened donors. Click here for more info.