Brown Mamas is growing, and we need help. If you are a Pittsburgh student (or transplant to Pittsburgh) who is passionate about Black families and the women who are raising and rearing them, you could be our new intern. In exchange for college credit, Brown Mamas would love to offer a student the opportunity to engage, both online and offline, with Pittsburgh’s African-American mothering community.
Brown Mamas is a local support group for Black mothers that focuses on providing engaging and positive socialization opportunities for Black mothers and their children, and helping Black mothers gain access to the information and resources necessary to sustain happy, healthy families.
The chosen intern will complete the experience having mastered WordPress, gained a wealth of knowledge in social media management, experienced working in an urban setting with under-served and represented individuals, and having assisted in the implementation of social media campaigns on behalf of Brown Mamas and its sponsors.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Be passionate about and sensitive to the issues affecting Black mothers and their families
- Work 8-10 hours a week
- Have lots of experience posting on various social media outlets
- A student who loves posting updates on their own social media outlets and has a following of their own would be ideal.
- Complete simple graphic design (often from templates provided) However, someone who has an eye for graphics would be appreciated
- Be at least familiar with WordPress (training will be offered)
- Familiarity with Hootsuite, Canva, Adobe Suite and Facebook Insights and Analytics is helpful
This is an opportunity for a college student in exchange for credit. To be considered, fill out the Google Form below. If you or your Internship Coordinator have questions please feel free to contact me (Cynthia Mendoza) at email@example.com. I look forward to working with the right person.
Hello. Welcome to BrownMamas.com a blog for Black moms looking to thrive while raising kids in this hectic world and the headquarters for Pittsburgh Brown Mamas, a Pittsburgh support group for Black moms. Here I write about raising my three boys, living in and loving Pittsburgh, dating my husband, gardening and all kinds of other stuff. Thanks for visiting. Stay long & come often!