I’m always searching for chicken recipes. When my hubby found this tasty pesto, zucchini, chicken bundle of yumminess, my taste buds jumped for joy. Mack is the resident chef at our house. I cook our daily meals, but he makes most of the tasty stuff. My family members love when Uncle Mack makes his famous Pesto Chicken Sandwiches. I never thought chicken and vegetables could go on bread and taste good, but it does.
This chicken recipe is great for Saturday afternoon sandwiches with chips and a few slices of fruit or just a salad if you’re on a health kick like my husband is. Follow my Family Friendly Food Pinterest Board for more easy chicken recipes.
Check out this easy chicken recipe.
- (2) 5 lbs. packs of chicken tenders
- 1 yellow squash or zucchini
- 1 sweet pepper
- 1 small pack of mushrooms
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic
- black pepper
- Italian seasoning
- a roasting pan
- Start off by cutting up your squash or zucchini, mushrooms, garlic and sweet pepper into small (but not diced) pieces. Then cut up the chicken tenders into small pieces. Next season your chicken with the Italian season, black pepper and salt. Splash about 2 tsp of red wine vinegar over your seasoned chicken. Then add your vegetable mixture to your seasoned chicken in your roasting pan.
- Empty your can of diced tomatoes on top of your chicken/veggie mixture in the roasting pan. Use a large spoon to mix all ingredients together again. Put the mixture in the oven on 350 degrees. Cook for about 30 minutes.
- Remove roasting pan from the oven and drain liquid from the pan. Put the chicken mixture back in the oven for 10 more minutes. Take your chicken/veggie mix out of the oven drain the liquid from the pan and you're good to go.
- Pesto Sauce:
- Tomato Basil Pesto
- Mix these two ingredients to taste and you've got your mayo-pesto sauce.
- We toast our bread before making sandwiches.
Season chicken to your taste. Be sure not to go overboard on the salt. The pesto/mayo sauce is yummy, but has it's fair share of salt.