Every mama should have a mama mentor. Another mama you can depend on for guidance, wisdom and a listening ear can be crucial when trying to get through the rough patches of motherhood.
Motherhood can be a challenging task and it gets even harder when you don’t have anyone to ask for advice, assist in resource acquisition and lean on for mental and emotional support.
With the generous support of the Pittsburgh Foundation and Opportunity Fund, Brown Mamas is launching its first mentoring initiative with GrowMama Mentoring.
Guided by the Brown Mama Mindset Curriculum, the collective knowledge of the mothers in our community as mentors and partnership with local organizations, we will launch a 12-week mentoring cohort aimed at Pittsburgh’s most vulnerable mothers.
Our first cohort will consist of 10 mothers and 5 mentors who will focus in on:
- Emotional and mental wellness, specifically removing limiting/stagnating thoughts
- Resource acquisition and developing support systems
- Strengthening parental bonds
- Strengthening male-female alliances
- Homelife management and balance
- Developing cultural awareness and habits that support wellness
Mothers who participate will receive
- A mentor for 12-weeks
- A $300 stipend
- A copy of the Brown Mama Mindset book, workbook, journal and Mind Check Deck
- A chance to work toward self-mastery
- A chance to generate future income by creating an online course through the GrowMamaGrow Online Learning Hub.
Mothers who are eligible are:
- Working mothers
- Mothers able to make a weekly commitment to do the course work
- Mothers who live in the City of Pittsburgh
- Mothers who make less than $35,000/year
- Mothers who are working toward a goal that they’d like help accomplishing
If you, or someone you know, meets these eligibility requirements, please fill out the form linked here, or below. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.