Ready to tell your story? If you are a Brown Mama who is ready to commit to the 5-month process of telling your story on-stage and who resides in a region within 6 hours of Pittsburgh, submit your virtual audition to the Brown Mama Monologues. Click here to submit your video audition now. https://bit.ly/mamasvirtualauditions24...
What is the GrowMamaGrow Mentoring Program?
Every mama should have a mama mentor. A more experienced mama you can depend on for guidance, wisdom and a listening ear can be crucial when trying to navigate the rough patches of motherhood.
With the generous support of the Pittsburgh Foundation and Opportunity Fund, Brown Mamas invites you to apply for the GrowMamaGrow Mentoring Program.
With a focus on emotional and social wellness, resource connection and intergenerational cultural and social bridge-building, the GrowMamaGrow Mentoring Program seeks to help moms recognize their internal value, develop a set of parenting principles and see their communities as resourceFULL over the course of a 12-week mentoring pairing and coaching program.
Application are now closed.
Fill out the form below to have your name added to the next cohort’s waiting list. Thank you.
Eligibility & Energy Exchange
If you are a mom who:
- can commit to a 12-week program
- would like a mentor
- is working
- is between the ages of 30-45
- has a goal they would like to accomplish
The GrowMamaGrow Mentoring program is right for you.
If selected, during the 12-week program you will receive
- weekly interactions with your mentor (calls, zoom or coffee, you choose),
- bi-weekly emotional and social wellness-focused virtual, group coaching sessions
- monthly in-person meet-ups
- the Brown Mama Mindset book series
- the Brown Mama Mindset online course
- a $300 stipend, contingent upon participation
THE MENTORSHIP IS CLOSED FOR 2022 PLEASE CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY FOR THE NEXT COHORT
During the 12-week program, Brown Mamas’ expects mentees to:
- Commit to weekly communication with their mentor
- Show up to group coaching sessions having completed their bi-weekly activity
- Attend monthly in-person meet-ups
- Be committed to meeting their goal and implementing the steps our mentors and resource providers will give them
- Fill out necessary assessments and feedback forms
- Be committed to the process of growth as we will define during our program
During this cohort, we are also excited to offer our moms connection to Financial Empowerment Centers counselors who help them move the needle on financial goals.
Over the course of the mentoring program we will focus on:
- Emotional and mental wellness, including the purpose of self-care and removing limiting/stagnating thoughts
- Resource acquisition and developing support systems
- Strengthening parental bonds
- Strengthening male-female alliances
- Homelife management and balance
- Developing cultural awareness and habits that support wellness
We are also looking for mentors ages 40 and up to be a part of our program. If you’re an African American mother who has at least one adult (or young adult) child and are able to commit to:
- One monthly face-to-face meeting with your mentee (this could be coffee or a virtual chat)
- A weekly phone call or text with your mentee
- 2 group meetings over the course of 3 months
- Optional bi-weekly coaching sessions facilitated by Brown Mamas’ staff
We’d love to have you.
In exchange for their participation, mentors are also given a stipend.
Are you ready to accomplish a goal, remove limiting beliefs and become an asset to yourself and community?