We are growing!
Brown Mamas is searching for team members to build the value and connectivity of our organization.
Brown Mamas exist to elevate the collective Black mothering experience through tribe-building. We do this by creating online and offline safe spaces for our mothers, delivering innovative programming, connecting them with health, education and financial service resources and providing digital communications for our mothering community.
Brown Mamas is a grassroots, community-led social enterprise that promotes Black mothers as the creators of the village they need to raise happy, healthy adults.
From our hiring and human resource practices to programming decisions and our public-facing presence, helping Black moms thrive within and beyond motherhood is our main mission.
Below find a list of our current openings.
Executive Assistant to the CEO
Temp to perm, 20-30 hours per week
($23-$25/hour commensurate with experience)
Brown Mamas’ is looking to work with an Executive Assistant to organize and manage the day-to-day responsibilities of the CEO of Brown Mamas. Additionally, this role will assist in the development of processes and policies that guide and grow the administrative and executive capabilities of Brown Mamas’ as a whole.
Brown Mamas’ Executive Assistant manages the ED’s daily schedule, workflow, correspondence and forecast schedule openings and opportunities to do business. In addition, the EA may be responsible for data entry, invoicing, research and correspondence.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for:
- Developing daily, weekly and monthly workflows
- Internal and external correspondence
- Drafting internal and external policy and procedure documents
- Developing, drafting and organizing internal reports
- Email management and filtering
- Organizing internal documents and correspondence
- Organizing and developing presentations, speeches, etc.
- Attending meetings and providing overview to ED
- Booking travel and travel accommodations
- Researching opportunities to expand and promote organization
- Scheduling meetings and ED calendar management
Ideal candidate will have:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of strong administrative experience
- Strong organizational, planning and executive skills
- Experience working in a diversity-driven environments a plus
- Experience developing and managing internal administrative procedures
- Strong knowledge of Google Workspace and/or Microsoft Suite Product, (i.e. Word, Excel, Sheets & Docs)
- Experience with Canva a plus
- Experience with Monday.com Workspace highly preferred
- Excellent writing skills and superior communication abilities on all fronts
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Proficient in Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
- Proficient in email marketing and communications
- Some experience in e-commerce a plus
- Proficiency in WordPress preferred
- Experience with LinkedIn also a plus
Brown Mamas is a great place to work because,
- We believe in self-care
- We believe in having our team members operate in their zone of genius
- We believe in time-off
- We believe in listening to our team
- We believe in diversity and the strength that comes with varied experiences, knowledge and know-how
- We believe in teamwork
Position is part-time (20-30 hours per week) for 60 days. We are looking to hire a full-time worker after the transitional period. If hired full-time, healthcare and retirement options available. Please fill out this form to apply.