[icon name=”li_star” size=”18px” color=”#ff87ab” link=””] Overall Review of Strider Balance Bikes: The Strider balance bike will provide your child with countless hours of fun, as well as help them develop confidence while teaching them to balance. Also, the transition to a bicycle with pedals will be pretty seamless. Strider is the only toddler bike that allows parents to pick the bike parts their child is ready for. Now teaching our twins to ride a bike can be enjoyable for their father and I too!
Our Favorite Strider Balance Bike Features
Lightweight: This bike is remarkably lightweight. Even in the box, it weighed less than some newborns. Seriously, I can carry both bikes up a flight of steps without breaking a sweat. The bike consists of 3 parts and once it was put together, which took less than 5 minutes, weighs less than 7 lbs. I was amazed at how easy it was for my 3-year-old twins to lift and maneuver.
Seat Adjustment: The balance bike has a no tool, quick seat adjustment mechanism. (No husbands necessary…lol) The bike comes with two seat posts, one regular for ages 18 mo. -3 and one extra-large for ages 3-5. When I first put the twins on their bikes, I was quickly able to adjust each seat for each child in moments.
Safety: The Strider balance bike is completely safe. The twin’s feet stayed flat on the ground which allowed them to control the bike and speed themselves. The balance bike is low to the ground and doesn’t’ have pedals that can protrude and scratch your child’s legs if they are not using them.
The handlebars are the perfect size for little hands to grip and control. Also, the low height of the bike will not allow them to seriously injure themselves if the bike tips over.
Comfort: The seat is padded and can be properly adjusted as the child grows for extra comfort. The balance bikes also have footrests that are positioned right below the seat to assist with complete balance and comfort for cruising. They are non-slip and perfect for little feet.
Tires: The tires are made from industrial foam that is maintenance free and will never get a flat. What an awesome feature! The foam is much more lightweight than a traditional tire.
Balance, Coordination and Steering
The balance bike takes the focus off pedaling and allows the child to focus on balance, coordination and steering.
I noticed that when the twins first got on the bike, they just walked. They were testing it out to see what it could do. Then they sat a little and continued to walk , but started to move a little faster. The twins became more and more confident and even had a race against each other. Super cute! Also another plus of the Strider bikes are that they help develop a child’s fine motor skills.
Moments with Mommy Opinion:
- The Strider balance bike will provide your child with countless hours of fun and definitely instill a love for riding.
- The Strider 12 Sport balance bike is available for children 18 months to 5 years of age.
- The balance bike is super lightweight, weighing less than 7 pounds, which allows my 3-year-old twins to lift and maneuver the bikes with ease.
- The easy assembly of the balance bike literally took 5 minutes to assemble. Awesome! This allowed the twins to hop right on and get moving.
- Strider also makes balance bikes for older kids and adults who have not yet mastered the art of riding.
- My absolute favorite thing about the Strider balance bikes is that my twins are confident, happy and enjoy riding their bikes. They have no hesitation about getting on and moving. They were steering and turning the bikes in minutes and they were able to lift them up and down with no help. I also love that I can encourage them and cheer them on instead of running after them and holding the back of the bikes for support.
- Last, but not least, balance bikes are available in many different colors.
- My only con is that the bike doesn’t come with a bike stand for the price of the bike. The bike stand is a separate purchase. The bike stand is a very nice add-on and I believe it is very beneficial when the bike is not being used.